Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So you enter The Verbing Noun...

Welcome to The Verbing Noun, a blog on gaming, GMing, world-building, and whatever else comes to mind. The hope is that I will update this blog often.

I am going to go ahead with the 'gaming pedigree' sort of post that a lot of gaming bloggers start with. To be honest, it's not much of a resume. I'm 25 at the moment, and I've been gaming for perhaps five years. I started with D&D 3.0. Many of the grognards, were they ever to read that, would feel a swelling of either pity or scorn. I've played 3.0, 3.5, some few houserules, and World of Darkness. In the currently running campaign of my group, I am a player. It's running the World of Darkness rules overlaid on the "Night's Dawn" trilogy of books. If that title means nothing to you, then you are like me.

Speaking of this, I'm currently waiting for tonight's session to start. It's been a few weeks, despite the normally weekly sessions, and so I'm a bit distanced from the character and the rules at the moment.

The impetus behind starting this blog, which in all likelyhood will be written with the same rambling, stream-of-consciousness vibe that this post had throughout, is spending a good chunk of my working hours reading other such blogs: ChattyDM, Trollsmyth, StupidRanger, and the like. You should look them up, though I won't link them here. I don't want to send away any potential readers quite this early.

No comments: